Center for Mathematics and Science Education
at California State University, Dominguez Hills
Contact: Ms. Sheila Wood
Hours:MW 8am-1pm, 2-6pm; TuTh 8am-12noon, 1-6pm; F 8am-12noon
The Center for Mathematics and Science Education (CMSE) seeks to improve instruction in mathematics and science by supporting activities related to pedagogy, research, content acquisition, leadership, and curriculum development.
- Provide services, resources, and support for activities related to the issues of reform, and change in mathematics and science education at the K-16 level.
- Support research projects in teaching and learning, particularly school-based, in mathematics, science and technology.
- Develop leadership opportunities and support leaders in their endeavors in mathematics and science education.
- Encourage the participation of diverse populations of students and teachers in mathematics and science education.
- Provide opportunities for growth in mathematics, science, and technology for professional educators.
- Provide intervention/enrichment opportunities for K-12 students in mathematics, science, and technology.
- Develop curriculum consistent with the goals of mathematics and science education reform.